The research colloquia mainly focus on the discussion of the latest research topics as well as the presentation of current research work and projects.
They shall especially facilitate the exchange of experiences and the adaptation of new topics via a regularly held discussion forum for employees, PhD students and other interested students. Furthermore, they shall improve the faculty intern collaboration.
The colloquia are aimed at inviting external speakers to further improve the exchange and discussion of research results.
Currently, the following research colloquia are held at the faculty:
Visual Computing Colloquium
The Visual Computing colloquium focuses on images. It is primarily organized by the following work groups:
- Visual Computing group (ISG, Prof. Dr. Theisel)
- Visualization group (ISG, Prof. Dr. Preim)
- Image Processing group (ISG, Prof. Dr. Tönnies)
Data and Knowledge Engineering Colloquium
The Data and Knowledge Engineering colloquium focuses on knowledge. It is primarily organized by the following work groups:
- Data & Knowledge Engineering group (ITI, Prof. A. Nürnberger)
- Databases group (ITI, Prof. Dr. Saake)
- Neural Nets and Fuzzy Systems group (IWS, Prof. R. Kruse)
- Knowledge-based Systems and Document Processing group (IWS, Prof. D. Rösner)
- Knowledge Management and Discovery group (ITI, Prof. M. Spiliopoulou)
Here you will find a list of current and past talks of the Data and Knowledge Engineering colloquium.
Doctoral Colloquium - Data and Knowledge Engineering
Hereyou will find a list of all current and past talks of the Data and Knowledge doctoral colloquium.